CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

17 April 2008

Library 2.0 / Web 2.0

Away From the Icebergs

I thought for the icebergs "Row your library boat into the Web 2.0 environment" was a very cute and catchy phrase. The article has some great points such as libraries having more resoures available to patrons that they don't need to get a "just in case collection." I know some books or movies we get numerous copies like any of the Harry Potter books, or any movie that just comes out on dvd. I remember when the last Harry Potter book came out all branches, I just looked it up and we have 142 copies in the system! I know from working at Whiting we do not have a lot of kids come in our branch due to heavy senior citizen population and I have not seen one of those books get checked out since they were on hold for everyone last year. I know a great way to prevent mass amounts of movies is to have a movie night at the library. If we have programs the one of the first days a new dvd comes out then not as many people will have need to put it on hold.

0 comments: