CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

08 May 2008

Wrapping Up

I have finally completed the OCL Webthings challenge. I feel like I learned so much that I did not know and what I already knew was reinforced. One thing I really liked about the challenge was the flexibility of the challenges and how we competitors were given a great amount of time to work on any one specific challenge. Some of the first few challenges were pretty easy to me since I have other blogs, but I understand that all of the steps were necessary because not all competitors have had blogs before. One thing I thought was really cool was the Sandbox I had a lot of fun in there. Before the challenge I did not know what GoogleDocs is because there was no need for me to use it, however I definitely see how it can be used by people running businesses or who do programing. Delicious is great! I downloaded it onto my computer and just tag websites I like. It is almost like a better version of favorites.
I think the one thing I love the most and will share with everyone is World Cat. I just love to read everything I can get my hands on. At Ocean County we are lucky to have so many different materials in our system. And if we don't have them we can go on World Cat which I love because sometimes I must admitt I read kind of strange books. Recently I saw that a link was added for World Cat on the OCL Page under the Library Catalog. One thing I shared with others is library thing. I told my mom about because she also reads many books so it is a good way for us both to keep a list of the ones we have read.
My only difficulty with the challenge was not having access to a scanner because Whiting Reading Center does not have one.

0 comments: