CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

05 May 2008

Thing 22 Listen NJ

I love the whole concept of listening to books on cassettes or cds. I really hadn't listened to a book on tape until a couple of months ago. I read and fell in love with Stephen Colbert's book I Am America and so Can You and I knew I would have to listen to it on cd so I could hear Colbert read it. Then naturally I found Jon Stewart's book on cd. Currently I am listening to the Harry Potter series spoken by Jim Dale who is AMAZING!!! So I was very excited in learning more about Listen NJ. First I looked for popular authors; of course they had James Patterson. The actual website is easy to navigate and they either have the material you are looking for or they don't.
What I do not like about Listen NJ is all the stuff you have to download on your computer to get the book you want downloaded. First I had to download the software for OverDriver for my selected book title. Then when I went to download the book I had numerous error messages which led me to upgrading security of windows media player which they recommended. After that I finally was able to download the book. The download was so slow but eventually became faster.
The book I downloaded is Sacajawea:The Story of Bird Woman and the Lewis and Clark Expedition by Joseph Bruchac. I love Native American culture which is why I chose this story and then I saw who the author was after downloading it and was very pleased. He writes many Native American stories and one that we have in Whiting called Code Talker (in YA) is excellent. I encourage everyone to read it!

0 comments: